Wednesday, October 10, 2007

May My Ambitions be Undergirded with Discipline

I am starting this blog as an opportunity to write as a discipline. I have recognized for a long time the benefit of recording what you are learning and thinking about. I have no interest in using the journaling as a form of catharsis, but rather to discipline myself to think about issues that are going on in the culture around us and ponder ways that we can live as salt of the earth. No single thought has become so pervasive to my way of life and thought as that teaching of Jesus which calls us to be so. Maybe through writing I will occasionally glimpse what being salt of the earth looks like. It certainly cannot only look like journalings of devotional thoughts, so I will be joined by my wife as we write about our lives together with our two daughters, here in Stafford, VA.

No comments: