Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Darcy Doodle's Dental Disaster

Well we knew it would happen some time. One of our children would experience some sort of bodily injury and if we were lucky only lose a tooth. Tonight was the night and the playground was the scene of the crime. As Darcy made an attempt to climb something a little too difficult for her, she had a facial collision with a metal bar and knocked one of her two top front teeth. She took it like a champ. Cried for a little bit, but not really a whole lot.

...Her mother and sister on the other hand are a different story. Haley was concerned when Darcy fell, but watched eagerly as I assessed the damage. When I finally pronounced that Darcy had lost a tooth, Haley began weeping hysterically for her little sister. At one point I was taking care of Darcy who was not crying anymore and Haley and Annie were both crying uncontrollably. Darcy and I looked at each other thinking, "What in the world happened to those two?" Classic.

2 comments:

Jonathan Burke said...

wow!!! I think I'm way over-protective... I am always scared to let Sydney do anything that is even potentially dangerous... and of course I have her mother to worry about... If that happened to Sydney, someone would have called CPS on me...

Beth Anne said...

That's a great story! Annie and Haley's drama make me smile!