Thursday, June 19, 2008

JFK to KEF


So I'm sitting at my gate waiting for my flight Reykjavik. Last night after church Bobb-o Keilan and I drove to Newark to stay at a hotel outside of the Big Apple. They dropped me off and are headed for some sightseeing and then back to VA. A couple of highlights...

Keilan brought his Guitar even though there was no time to play it. It took up much of the backseat he was sitting in.

Newark is other worldly, especially at 1:30 AM. It feels like a scary other planet where robot industrial monsters have created a bad imitation of the sun that shines all night.

We stayed at the Extended stay America. When I went to the front desk to get blankets I walked in on an FBI sting operation. I heard one of the 10 agents say, "We'll talk to housekeeping after it's all over." Then the crew headed down the hallway to do whatever it was they were there for.

Late this morning Bobby and I left Keilan in the car on 57th in Manhattan so that we could "park" to get som coffee and brunch and bring it back. When we returned he was curled up in the backseat with all the doors locked. Either way we made it to the airport.

If anyone is out there please post when you know of Bobby and Keilan's safe return to VA.

Annie, I do not have a phone number for you in Coon Valley, WI. Could you please send it to my e-mail.

Schaumst

3 comments:

BobbyO said...

colby. im home.

and a blog will soon follow.

Annie B. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Annie B. said...

love you