Monday, June 23, 2008

Reykjavik Miðnæturhlaup á Jónsmessu 2008


Maybe tomorrow night I will post about what I have been up to the last couple of days (busier than I expected), but tonight was a purely recreational event with David, Fjola, and Molle. The Midnight Run 3k, 5k and 10k. David ran the 5k, and I ran the 10k. A few things about the midnight run:

1. It was not at midnight, but 10:10 PM local time. 

2. It was beautiful and sunny the entire race. 

3. The race ends at the largest public hot pool in Reykjavik

It was really a fun event and I was amazed at how big of a crowd came out for the race. I must say that racing at 10:00 is much better than the 7 AM start. I really enjoyed the time afterward sitting in the pool with David and Fjola and soaking my weary legs. I felt good the entire race and came in at an unofficial time of 45:45. I was very pleased and I even got a little medal for finishing.

1 comment:

Pelt Family said...

Good job on the run. If we started a 10k at 10 P.M. here, I would smack into a tree within the first 30 minutes.